Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Priorities

Yes, it is that time of year again....
New Year's resolutions

This year rather than making resolutions I have made a list of my priorities. It seems to me that resolutions are so easy to let go of or forget about but a priority, well just the term priority gives it little more weight, makes it something that is important.

So here are my priorities for 2010

• To spend more time with my family and less time worrying about things that I have no control over
• To sculpt, stamp and garden more and stress less
• To spend more time living and playing out in the real world and less time (just more productive time) on my computer - I will blog more and "surf" less :)
• To take care of me (yes, I see the cliché weight loss "resolution" as well but the better I feel the more fun I can have in life!!)

As you can see I have not made a lot of things priorities, only the things that I feel will make my life better. I am blessed with a wonderful family and amazing friends and this year I'd like to spend more time with them.

A final thought.... as I was catching up with my favorite artistic guru Tim Holtz's blog this afternoon I found a picture of a doll he has hanging in his room (see his November 2009 archives). It resembles a voodoo doll but probably isn't. Anyway, this doll has a button on it with the following sentiment -

"Never Apologize for Your Art"

How beautiful is that thought. I have always been drawn to the odd and offbeat, to the dark and strange and unusual. Because my taste in, well pretty much everything, is off the beaten path I have always apologized for it. Not anymore. When I saw that button stuck to Tim's doll I felt my creativity stir. I can't wait to see what I create (or maybe unleash is a better word) in this New Year.

Stay tuned.... it could be a wild artistic ride!

Happy New Year!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment