Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Fabulous Finds

Being broke can be a huge drawback when you are beginning to create and looking for the perfect stuff to embellish with. This past year has been a tough one but creating is one of the few things that has kept me sane (ok, mostly sane) so I have had to become very resourceful.

Many of my materials have been scavenged, first from my own closet then from thrift stores. Here are some of my favorite finds which I will be using in the next few weeks. The dark one is actually a pillow cover. It has a gold, embossed pattern of satin covered with a matching sheer organza over the center and only cost me $1. The lace is an old curtain I got in Canterbury, UK for about $1.50 (I was rummaging through thrift and antique stores for just this kind of stuff) and the cream colored fabric is a dress I got at Savers when I found the pillow cover. It set me back about $6 but it is large and I will get a lot of use out of it. Once I clean these I will cut them into usable pieces.



I am off to do some laundry so I can start playing with these, have a great day!!

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment