Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions

Remember, I warned you that these were coming. As I reviewed my priorities for last year, yes I actually said priorities not resolutions, I found that while my life took a horrible turn I still managed to do some things on that list. I did sculpt more and I really tried to take better care of me. All of that flew out the window for the middle part of the year but as 2010 ended I was able to slowly work on those things again.
 
So here is my list of 11 (I don't know why 11, it just seems like a good number) Resolutions for 2011.

1) Purge - art supplies that I no longer use, clothing that no longer fits, kitchen items that I have lots of.... I have started this task and it feels GREAT already!
2) Spend time with my family and friends - Time is the one commodity that we NEVER get back, this year I hope to spend it wisely on the people in my life who mean the most to me!
3) Live healthier
4) Journal - this has been an important part of regaining my creativity!
5) Explore - the museum, the river, the city I live in... just explore
6) Create - whatever strikes me whether it is sculpted, embroidered, sewn, written or baked.
7) Imagine - imagination is the key to MY creativity, I need to keep it working.
8) Be Frugal - this is a trend that I have already noticed in my life and I like it!
9) Reconnect with Nature - another important part of my life that I have neglected... look out garden, here I come!
10) Enjoy more and stress less - need I say more ;0)
11) Allow my spiritual side to shine through - this has been slowly happening, now I want it to be intentional.

As you can see, my resolutions are not tasks that set me up for failure, they are more like guidelines that I hope to live by, things I hope to bring into my life, things that will make it a richer, more rewarding life to live.

Here is a quote I found that I feel everyone should embrace:

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman

Have a wonderful New Year!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment