Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Friday, March 20, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge Week 11


This week I wanted to get back to the 2 figures I started a couple of weeks ago so for week 11 I made some Leprechaun boots! As you may recall the leprechaun I am working on is not a cartoon leprechaun but more of a woodsy guy (check him out here).

These boots are sturdy and worn and have served my guy well. With tough laces, a nice reinforced toe and extra "leather" on the sides, I am sure these boots will be good for quite some time!



My Leprechaun was pretty pleased with the boot though he is getting impatient with me. He wants skin and clothes :0) So here are the fabrics I am starting with. I am sure I'll change them up as I go, or he may just insist on something else entirely! I'll keep you posted.


Lots of neutrals and plenty of textures to work with. I had to throw in some green and I just happen to have those super cool green leather gloves that I found at my local Goodwill store. I have no idea if I'll use them but they called to me when I was looking for fabrics to dress my guy in. I love the coarse textures here. I can't wait to see what this pile of fabric turns into!

Next week I am planning on hands. Not sure who for yet but both figures need hands, of course I may make boots for the Steampunk figure. She's being patient so far. Hopefully she'll stay that way for a bit!!


1 comment: