Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

2016 Polymer Clay Adventure Online Retreat


I've really been busy with clay lately and the 2016 Polymer Clay Challenge is one of the reasons, the other is the 2016 Polymer Clay Adventure. This is a year long, online, polymer clay "retreat". There are at least 22 video classes that will be released throughout the year detailing many different types of polymer clay projects.

The first class was making a shrine out of an "Altoid" mint tin. It involved distressing the tin, adding multiple layers of clay, using silver leaf, paint, rubber stamps, beads... it was AWESOME! I love rubber stamps and learning so many different ways to use them with polymer clay was super exciting for me. I knew there was a reason I didn't get rid of them when I cleaned my studio (OK, truth be told, I have a hard time getting rid of anything from the studio. You never know when you'll need it),

Here is my tin. It is a shrine in memory if my sweet kitty Rosie who passed away last January.

Cover

Inside

This project was a lot of fun to create. I tried to use all of the different techniques that Artist Laurie Mika taught in the class. 

The shrine looks much better in person and I am very happy with the way it turned out. 

Next post will be of the magnets I made for the first swap that I joined through the retreat. 

Stay tuned!

2 comments: