Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 Polymer Clay Challenge - Week 5


This week I was able to get my #2016PCChallenge project done early. I can not believe we are almost into February. This week was my first attempt at an older face. I plan on doing an old man for my doll show submission so you'll be seeing a lot of weathered faces on here in the coming weeks.

Unbaked

You can see the wrinkles I've etched into his skin. They will be less distinctive once he has been cured. I also made a spot for a pipe to be inserted in the corner of his mouth.

Fresh from the Oven

As you can see the baking process tones down the wrinkles quite a bit. They will be visible once again after I paint him.

Painted Features

Here he is! I am really pleased with how this guy turned out. I will be redoing his pupils to make them a bit larger and less creepy. He will be getting salt & pepper hair, along with a beard and mustache. He'll also be getting bushy eyebrows - I can't wait for those!

He already told me that he is a fisherman and he wants to be posed on a dock. I'm going to continue to work on him this afternoon since it is snowing, we already have about 4 inches of snow - not bad but enough to stay in and play with clay!

I'm so glad I decided to not only join the #2016PCChallenge but to actually participate in it LOL. I'm really excited about what is happening in the studio this year.


1 comment: