Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Doll Show Idea

The theme of the Doll Show that I am going to be submitting a doll for is "Journeys through Light and Dark: Dolls as Tellers of Stories". I've been thinking about this a lot and have been trying to decide what I want to do, right now I am leaning towards a sculpture of my grandfather fishing from a pier.

I grew up on the Rehoboth Bay and have so many wonderful memories of him teaching me how to fish and taking me out onto the bay and into the ocean. The story I want to tell is of him.

We shall see how I translate my idea into reality. I have no idea if I can share the doll here before I submit it or not but I'll keep you posted.

I'm nervous about submitting my work to be juried but I need to do this. Whether or not I get accepted into the show is really irrelevant though it would be awesome to be accepted, I just need to start putting my work out there to be seen.

I'll keep you posted!

Debbie




5 comments:

  1. God luck with the judging. Like you said if by chance you don't get in, this is a good first step. It took a couple tries before we were able to get in a juried show. But the judges would tell us what needed to be improved. Hope you can share the doll with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to the feedback. I am working on my design right now and will be starting work on it within the next couple of weeks!

      Delete
  2. I am so excited for you Debbie! Go for it! I have to start getting my art out there too!

    ReplyDelete