Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Ball Jointed Doll - Update


She is coming along. I have some work to do before I can finish her. The leg elastic needs to be lengthened, her hands are too big so I need to make new ones and one of her shoulders is too big so I will redo the whole piece. The most important thing that I found is that her neck needs to be reinforced so that it does not crack. I had her legs strung and her head on and I noticed a crack starting along the neck line of her head. I will be reinforcing the neck ring and then painting and blushing everything so that I can string her. I think I can get this done today. Once she is strung I will start on her wig cap (one more thing I've never done :o)

This has been an interesting process. I've enjoyed learning how things fit together, what I need to do to help things fit together and most importantly how to string the elastic which shows me more things I need to do to make everything work together.

To be completely honest, I never thought I would try to tackle a Ball Jointed Doll. I always though it to be beyond my skill level. But I saw a contest on ArtDolls.com... and I bought the kit... and I watched the videos.. and while it is very time consuming it has been fun and I have learned that if I push myself my skill level increases.

I have several other projects that I need to get started on asap so I hope to at least finish sculpting and building her today! (fingers crossed). I'll update as soon as she is standing!


1 comment: