Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Zombie Cinderella Costume - Unlikely Source

I love to costume my dolls. It takes me forever because I want everything just right. I get hung up on the size of the print on the fabric, the way it drapes, texture... I drive myself crazy.

Which is why I enjoy contests, classes and challenges. I don't have time to overthink. I just have to move forward.

Since the Haunted Fairy Tale challenge is due by March 15th and I have a tough class to finish and a trip to So Cal to see my man before then, I do not have time to waste.

Imagine my delight when I was at my local thrift store and found this darling dress:


It is just perfect for my sculpture. Not as it is of course, but the fabric. The great thing about the size of art that I work in is that I can take a child's dress and make 3 or 4 costumes out of it for my sculptures.

This little dress has several layers of fabric, each one different. I can't wait to show you what I do with this :0) It looks more "blue" in person.
Outer Skirt

Under Skirts



1 comment:

  1. Lucky find! It's perfect! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete